DATA PROTECTION REPRESENTATIVE
(no EU/EEA organisations)
There are many non- EU/EEA based organisation without physical offices in EU/EEA, that maintain business within EU. Such organizations are obliged to process personal data of EU residents in accordance with the General Regulation. In order to be able to implement this effectively, they need to appoint their representative (DP representative) based in the EU.
Centar Feralis provides DP representative service.
The Feralis DP Representative service includes, but is not limited to:
- Support, communication and advising for Data Breaches
- Maintains Records of Processing Activities of Data Controller
- Develops and updates organizational measures (Privacy Policies, Privacy Statements, Web Compliance, etc.)
- Manages relationships between a Data Controller and a Data Processors
- Contact point for communication with National Data Protection Supervisor Authorities
- Receipt of inquiries and communication with Data Subjects
According to the Article 27 of the General Regulation, the appointment of a Data Protection Representative is not mandatory if the non-EU organization is a public body or if the data processing is occasional, does not pose a high risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals.